Welcome

This is "my" mashed&smashed up personal blog where I try to post useful stuff for people that are into sports, people that want technology to for for them and not vice versa, people looking for solutions to mobile phone problems especially Nokia and Android related, people that are interested in SEO in making money online and more...

More Food - Cooking Cajun Style

More food :). Yeah, I've been doing some reading on Cajun cousine and cooking and there are quite few few really cool cajun recipes that I want to try ont sometimes in the future. The reason? :) Let's just say that I came across a cool site about cajun cooking, I started reading and...here it is.

Before today the only thing I knew about cajun food was that there is a special Cayenne pepper that is not black or white but a shade of brown and that cajun food must be kind of hot and spicy.

Well that is not really true. A typical cajun dish will be a bit spicey but nothing that would bring tears to your eyes and fire from your mouth and smoke from your ears and .... from your ass lol. 

Anyway, what I have learned about cajun cooking:

Cajun cuisine comes from the French-speaking immigrants that were moved from Canada to Louisiana, USA by the Brits. What kind of food is cajun food? Rustic, simple prepraration (yeah, that's they way I like it), rice, cornbread, vegetables... peppers, onions, celery...

Baah, now all this sound like some history lesson :). What I want are some Cajun recipes. And this is a great site to get them since ALL recipes come with a nice YouTube video of the preparation process. How cool is that?! :) There are lots and lots of recipes but the first one I'm gonna try, bacause it seems so simple that even a lazy cook like me couldn't mess it up...and I like beans... will be the cajun stile baked beans.

I would suggest you check out the site I mentioned but if you are lazy like me I'm gonna give you the recipe here, hope the Cajun chef over there doesn't mind:

What you need is  1-2 cans of Baked Beans, ½ cup Maple Syrup, ½ cup Brown Sugar, BBQ sauce, chopped sweet onion, bacon or ham.

Ready, steady, GO:
Cut onion, cut bacon, cut ham, throw on a hot oiled pan and add beans, sugar, maple syrup, and BBQ sauce after a while and mix. Bake for 30 minutes. Done.


No comments:

Post a Comment